Image Sizes

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Hi Will, I'm loving the module. So easy to use and works great. I'm using version 1.6.

Is it easy to change the size of the thumbnails?

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I am very happy to hear that you like the module.  Thanks!  :)

Changing the size of the thumbnails is a common request.  I am seriously considering putting this on the road map.  While it's easy to do as a one-off instance, it's a complicated thing to accomplish to account for multiple use cases.

If you wanted to make the change yourself, make the change in the LightboxView.ascx.vb file, and in the Module.css file.  This would require you installing and changing the source code in Visual Studio 2010, and then recompiling and replacing the DLL and CSS files.  If you do choose to do this, it would be necessary to delete any thumbnails that have been generated in your website, so that they are recreated for you.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for your help with this.

I've been putting together a site (http://tessbatchelor.com/portfolio__604.aspx) for my friend who isn't technical so wanted to add a few extra features to try and keep it hands off for me.

These were:
 - Add thumbnail size setting to album settings (increased to 200px)
 - Add normal image size setting to album settings (set at 500px), to avoid having large straight from the camera images (which were emailed to me and then I adjusted manually)
 - Added code to verify if image files existed against db and if not removed the reference in db

This way the user can upload images using the File Manager module and they will be optimised (to 500px) and thumbnail created at set size.

Then they can delete images using File Manager and they are removed automatically from the Album.

I also added the tinyscrollbar jQuery plugin to suit the design (http://www.baijs.nl/tinyscrollbar/)

Just thought I would update my progress and like I said before this module is great, thanks heaps!!

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:55 PM

FYI... I have added code to synchronize files in version 01.09.00.  Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I would really appreciate to be able to resize the thumbnails too! Excellent module otherwise!

/Jari