Give each photo a short description ?

May 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Hello,

this module is the most important module for dnn for me. Thanks Will, you did a very very great job !!!

To be perfect I just miss the possibility to give each photo a short description. All I can do is showing the Albums name. But I need to show a short description for each photo. That can be the name of the photo. But as far as I understand this is not possible. Does anyone got an idea ?!

Best Regards

JT

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM

This is one of the many features that I really do want to incorporate in the future... Along with geotagging pictures, and reorganizing the order of images.

May 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Fantastic module! Quick & Easy to use. Thanks for developing it!

Just a thought on this topic: any chance to have flag to show the filename? That should be a fairly straightforward fix until the description functionality is built out.

To build it out further, the possibility of a few different display options for the title could be:

• Album Name
  • File Name
  • Album Name + File Name (would show as "Michael's Photos - IMG2333.jpg")
  • Album Name + File Name [no ext] (would show as "Michael's Photos - IMG2333")

Thanks for considering the request!

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM

@Michaely:  That is a great suggestion.  Let me chew on this to figure out the best path.  Unfortunately, due to the dynamic nature of this module, I need to be pretty diligent on making sure I make the right changes in the right way.  :)