LightboxGallery 1.4.1

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Yesterday I did download and install the LightBoxGallery v1.4.1 in a DNN v5.5.1 site. No errors shown during install.

I have uploaded a few images and the module shows the thumbnails. When i click them the big images shows up. The navigation symbols are not visible, but if I move the mouse arround I can see it is clickable and I can navigate back and forward between images even if it is tricky.

The surface around the bigger image is not darker and the symbol/button for closing does not show up either. The way to close the big image is is to click on a grey part just over over the big image on top of the screen, or to press escape on the keybord.

I have tried a lot of ideas, different skins, languages and more, but I have not succeeded to find a slolution. I did also try to insert and use the module in a clean new site with the same result. Does anyone know what can be wrong or how it can be fixed?

Today (friday) I tried with another skin (MinimalExtropy) in the site where I use the LightboxGallery. The skinns i tried before were not 100% xhtml compatible and had a few minor errors. The skin I used now did pass the test for XHTML 1.0 Transitional. With this skinn the background arround the big images is darker but still no images for closing and navigating are visible. All tests sofar done in Internet Explorer 8 on Vista and XP. The site is hosted on a Windows server 2008.

The last test I just did shows that all functions works just fine in Firefox (v3.5.10). If someone knows how to fix the problems in Internet Exporer it would be great!

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 3:58 PM

The lightbox functionality requires an XHTML Transitional/Strict skin in order to function properly.  Outside of that, any issues are related to JavaScript conflicts and/or CSS conflicts.  These will be unique to your site.  The JavaScript conflict is unlikely, as I am using the built-in jQuery methods to add jQuery to the page.  I test this module on MinimalExtropy and MinimalExtropyPro before each release.  I don't have the same issues.

Oct 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I did set up a new clean dnn-site where the LightBox 1.4.1 module is used. The site is fully XHTML Transitional compliant. I have tested it in MS Internet Explorer (MS IE) and in FireFox. Both on Swedish windows (different versions tried) and swedish browsers. In Firefox all works perfect but not in MS IE.

I am grateful if someone else could give it a try with english or other languages in MS IE! The site i did set up can be found here: http://test.idea.se/bilder/tabid/2773/language/en-US/Default.aspx .

The problem I have when using MS IE is that the images used for navigation and the image used for closing the bigger images are never shown. When using Firefox the module LightBoxGallery 1.4.1 works just fine!  I am trying to get the images (for navigatiing and closing the bigger image) showing up  also in MS IE. Sofar I did not succed. The problem is perhaps caused by the swedish language in MS IE in combination with settings in the css and or the web.config used in the site.

I am grateful for ideas and experiences.

Best regards,
Peter

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I did test the functionality on this page: http://www.willstrohl.com/Photos

There the images for navigating and closing the imagage are visible also in MS IE. I assume the Lightbox module 1.4.1 is used there too. if so this makes me think that there might be a setting in my Web.config which causes my swedish browser MS IE not toe view the images for navigating and closing the images.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Hi folks,

I have the same problem like Peter. I also installend 1.4.1 and do not see the navigation buttons, but navigation works. Formerly I have installed the 1.2.01 which worked fine.

Any solution or suggestions ?

Best regards

Joe 

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM

The navigation buttons will be fixed in the next release, version 01.05.00

http://wnslightbox.codeplex.com/workitem/5374