Problem with add album

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Hi,

I use DNN version 5.2.3
IE 8
Latest version of lightbox ballery (download this morning)

When I want to add a gallery and click the "update" link, nothing happens.
The module hangs.

Do you have an advise?

With regards, Ton Hermes

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Hey Tom.  Thanks for downloading this module.  The most recent version was supposed to fix this issue.  I have confirmed it on my test installs, and so far, you're the only report that the problem still exists.  Please confirm two things for me:

1. Do you have version 01.02.01 installed?
  2. Have you cleared out your local cache?  (most likely culprit)
Apr 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Hi,

I have installed version 1,2,1,
DNN 5.2.3

In host->host setting I cleared the cache and did a "Application restart".
The problem persist.

Click the update link and nothing happens.

Please, do not hesitate to ask more clarification when needed.
Regards, Ton

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I didn't mean the cache on the server, but rather in your browser.  There have been some changes in the scripts that are included with this version of the module.  If your scripts are not updated in your browser, this would cause the persistent issue you're experiencing.

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Hi,

I have deleted the browsing history of IE8
It makes no difference.
In Firefox and Google chrome then the update link hangs also.

Regards, Ton

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I must say I'm in the same situation. Is there any fix to this issue?

Thanks.

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Hi!

I also had the same problem... I noticed that the problem occured when I was in a different language, rather than en-US. For example I open the "add Album" form and the Update button doesn't fire anything when I use the el_GR locale. If I do the exact same thing using the en-US locale everything works perfect!

Also, when using the en-US locale, the album pictures open smoothly and nicely, but when using other locale, the album pictures simply open in the browser window and I have to click Back to return to the dnn website!

I hope it helps with the solution!

Thanks!

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Thank you all for reporting and confirming this.  Also, thank you for some help troubleshooting the potential problem.  This will help since I have been unable to duplicate the problem.  I hope to work on this very soon for you.

May 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I also use another locale (other than en-US). Thanks to all of you.

May 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Edited May 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Finally I figured out where the problem is ...

In greek locale the decimal seperator is the comma character ","   but in other languages is the dot character "."  . So when I try to add or edit an album, the field "Overlay Opacity" requires a decimal value from 0 to 1. Every value is parsed as a decimal. The problem is that there is no problem to parse "0.3" (with dot as decimal separator), but it seems to be problematic when you try to pass "0,3" (with comma as decimal separator) as a decimal value. If you change the data type of overlay opacity at navarchar instead of decimal (both in the database schema and in every line of code where the overlay opacity value is used as a decimal), then the problem will be fixed!

If you find a better way, please be so kind to update this excelent module!

Thanks!

May 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I think the problem is with the culture as smpotsio found out. I tested changing the code to work with ,'s and .'s and now it works. not too big of a change to the source package

May 28, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hey codedude! Is it possible to send me your source code? I made a few changes myself, but the module became unstable!

Thanks (smpotsio@ee.duth.gr)

May 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Hi Codedude,

I like to have the possibility to install this module.
Can you send me the code?
Is it difficult to install this source code?

Regards, Ton

May 29, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi Ton & smpotsio

Get the source (Change Set 43775)

do following changes:

file: EditLightBox.ascx
line: 81
change revOverlayOpacity RegularExpressionValidators ValidationExpression
to: ^[0-1][,.][0-9]$

file: ViewLightbox.ascx.cs
line: 349
change from:
.AppendFormat("'overlayOpacity': {0}, ", objSetting.OverlayOpacity)
to:
.AppendFormat("'overlayOpacity': {0}, ", objSetting.OverlayOpacity.ToString().Replace(",", "."))

After this adding new albums work and lightbox is shown correctly. 

I tried to add this to the latest change set but couldn't make it work so best to stick with this version.

cheers,
Kalle 

May 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM

thanks codedude!

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.