Server Error when trying to add albums

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

DNN 6.0.0 / Lightbox Gallery 1.0.9

• I installed the gallery and the install went smoothly.
  • I went to add an album and it showed me the add/edit form which is normal.
  • I clicked Update and it brought me back to the page but it displays this error:

Error: Gallery is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'. at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData) at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream) at WillStrohl.Modules.Lightbox.ViewLightbox.CreateThumbnails(ArrayList Files) at WillStrohl.Modules.Lightbox.ViewLightbox.GetImageFiles(String LightboxId, String FolderName, String GalleryName) at ASP.desktopmodules_willstrohl_lightboxgallery_viewlightbox_ascx.__DataBind__control5(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at WillStrohl.Modules.Lightbox.ViewLightbox.BindData() at WillStrohl.Modules.Lightbox.ViewLightbox.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I can try to add more albums and also now I can try to manage the Album Order but it still throws this error.

Please advise. Thanks.

Aaron

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I've found that this error usually occurs if there is an invalid image in the folder.  Try opening the folder in something like Faststone Image Viewer and more likely than not you'll see an image is missing or truncated (say FTP was lost part way through uploading image).  After ensuring all the images are good, be sure to resynchronize your file folders in the File Manager.  Usually once I do that, the next time I open the page, the thumbnails will be created and all is right with the world.

Warm regards,
Bob Reimer
Al Ain, UAE 

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM

@reimerb:  Are you able to duplicate that issue?  The module *should* simply ignore non-image files.

@dnnsuperfan:  Did the suggestion by reimerb work for you?