Error loading page

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Hi Can anyone help?

I've recently installed the lightbox gallery 01.05.00 the installation installed successfully but when loading the page to add/edit an album an IE error appears, the error displayed is "Object doesn't support the property or method" and points to line 961 in Default.apsx the line of code is "jQuery('#divFolderNames').dialog(dlgOptions);" subsequently after loading an album the the images are not being displayed correctly on clicking an image a new browser page is opened. again an IE error is dispalyed the error is the same, but on line number is 740 from the current module running the line of code is "jQuery('ul#ullightbox-CharityFishing2010_426 li span a.wns_lightbox_link').fancybox( { 'changeSpeed': 300, 'cyclic': false, 'enableEscapeButton': true, 'margin': 20, 'modal': false, 'opacity': false, 'overlayColor': '#666', 'overlayOpacity': 0.3, 'overlayShow': true, 'padding': 10, 'showCloseButton': true, 'showNavArrows': true, 'speedIn': 300, 'speedOut': 300, 'titlePosition': 'outside', 'titleShow': true, 'transitionIn': 'fade', 'transitionOut': 'fade'  } );"

I've uninstallated the extention and reinstalled but the error still persists, I'm at a loss of what the problem could, could someone point me in the direction of a fix.

Kind Regards

Mark

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM

It sounds like jQueryUI is not loading for you.  Can you confirm?

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I'm not 100% sure how to check if JQueyUI is loaded but I've used Firebug to show script loaded, I can see no reference to JQueryUI, I can see a number of references to jquery.min.js, initWidgets.js, spmenu.js, dnn.js, dnncore.js and a number of ScriptResource.axd references

Excuse my ignorance but how do I check if the JQueryUI is being loaded

Regards

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Well, the code calls .dialog() which is a jqueryui feature.  The script that's loaded should be jQueryUI.min.js.  You should be able to see it the same way you found the other scripts.

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I now understand that I need to add jQueryUI.min.js where should I add the code

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2011 at 3:45 PM

jQueryUI should be added for you by the module.  The other possibility is that there's another (second) reference to jQueryUI coming from something else on the page.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Hi, the only script file resembling UI I can find is jquery-ui-1.8.2.min.js which is found in the js folder within the WillStrohl.LightboxGallery folder structure, is this the js module that needs to loaded, if so where should the load statement be added.

Kind Regards 

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Can you try upgrading to v01.06.00?  Do not upgrade to v01.07.00 unless you're on DNN 6.0.

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I've uninstalled the previous version and installed v01.06.00, I also deleted all gallery folders & pages (zapped everything), then recreated pages and uploaded photo images to website directory, I then added lightbox module to the newly created page this worked successfully with no errors, I then tried to add new album this is when I ran into the same problems, the errors previously detailed returned. I'm unsure where to go next. are there installations/setting required on the server?

Kind Regards

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Then I must return to there being a jQuery or jQueryUI conflict.  There is another component on the page or in the skin that is loading or preventing the loading of one of those scripts.  Often, this can happen as a result of other scripts running on the page having a JavaScript error too.

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I'd like to say thank you for your support. The frustrating things is the module worked perfectly well for a number of weeks prior to this problem, the website was stable and the users were happy with the photo album functionality, then out of the blue we started to have these problems, we initially thought it may have been an issue with the hosting company because at the same time we started to get authorisation problems, these were resolved but the album module problem persisted, they investigated and said we needed to contact the developer, until now we still haven't been given an explanation regarding the autorisation problem, this is why I asked if installation/settings are required on the server. The jscript is calling the divfoldername function, could this be failing because of internal permissions problems on the source directory? I know I'm grasping at straws but I'm at a lose to how stable code should start failing.

Regards

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM

There is indeed a possibility that permissions could be getting in the way of this module's functionality.  This is not at all a common thing though.  Typically when this happens, there would be other quirky things happening on your site too.