The folder path in the module settings does not exist

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:44 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM

First off, great module, and thanks for providing!  I much prefer the speed and simplicity over the default DNN Gallery project.  I did run into one show-stopper issue though: I receive an error message setting the album folder to a path longer than 88 characters.  Although autocomplete shows the path correctly, apparently the code translates it into an absolute path.

I enter this:
Gallery/Campaign_Images/Adventures/Dark_Tower/Episode8/

And get this:
"The folder path in the module settings does not exist:"
D:\hosting\2212178\html\dnn\Portals\0\Gallery\Campaign_Images\Adventures\Dark_Tower\Epis

Is there a config file somewhere I can edit to increase the maximum length of the folder path, or is it in compiled code?

Thanks in advance,

Jd

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:03 AM

I've discovered a workaround, posting it here should anyone else run into this.  I just edited the GalleryFolder column in database table wns_lightbox, replacing nvarchar(50) with nvarchar(100).  Similarly updated the wns_lightbox_AddLightbox stored procedure.

Jd

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 3:23 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM

As you can see, this has been added to the road map.  Thank you!

Please note, that your database schema update can result in unintended and unknown side effects upon the next upgrade.  Keep a careful eye on your site and upgrade when the next release is ready.